Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our Lady of Manaoag

Finally after a year Alvin and I came back to our sacred place. It's been a tradition for us, to visit the Our Lady of Manaoag. And I am so happy that we were able to go there last Saturday inspite of being intoxicated the night before. (not so drunk! but kinda tipsy and kilig for seeing HB aka "binoy" ;-))

We woke-up at 2:45a.m. and left home at exactly 3:30am. It was a 3.5hours drive from Muntinlupa...We arrived at Manaoag around 8-8:30a.m. Unfortunately, we were not able to attend the mass.
 We just went up to Her relic and pray. I felt renewed after touching even just the hem of Our Lady's dress. It's like all my problems vanished in air. All I think that time is how lucky Alvin and I for experiencing that kind of serenity. I felt so at peace.... I hope I could always be like that. :) Anyway, after paying respect to Our Lady we passed their store. It is where you can buy some religious paraphernalia. Novena booklets, Rosary, Relics of Saints, Self-Help Books, etc. As I was scanning the Novena's rack Alvin kept on walking around looking for something, then he stopped and smiled at me I asked why and he showed me a plastic filled with Holy Bread or "Hostia" as we usually called it. His explanation goes like this..... " I will give it to Oscar, because every time we go to communion sinasabi nya... "Daddy I also want to eat that"..." haha! cute... It made my day! We paid my novena and oscar's hostia and went down for the next step...mass offering.


The line was not too long. We also bought candles.

A lot of thing have changed. From the parking lot to the candle area where people solemnly pray before offering/lighting their candles. As well as the office where you pay for mass offering. It's more organize and systematic.  Comfort rooms were renovated and they build 1 more near the canteen. (I hope they clean it well so that the people around the area taking a quick rest and eating their baon's will not loose their appetite)  Even the road, they fixed it. It's nice to know that parishioners are doing great changes to beautify the place and give more comfort to devotees like us. I can't wait to go back again!



Next stop.........





It was a long 2 hours drive for me and Alvin. Why? because right after 1km of driving from Manaoag our aircon broke down. Just imagine 10:00a.m. in Pangasinan with the glaring heat of the sun. We are both puyat and everything. I really felt the summer!

We ate at the famous MEAT PLUS.... it was a much anticipated lunch. Got over excited with the steak that when I had my 1st bite it was a disappointment for my taste buds. But because of hunger I finished it all. Me and my katakawan haha!

My Steak

Alvin's Grilled Salmon

Alvin's Spaghetti and Meatballs

Then we went to one of the many duty free's inside Subic. Alvin bought his shirts... Lacoste's price was really a bargain. Bought some groceries, my favorite Meiji Melty Kiss, Planters South Beach Diet inspired assorted nuts, Extra Virgin Olive oil for my friend, some lotions and soaps, etc.

It was a short fun trip for me and Alvin. Perfect for rekindling our lost quality time. Hopefully we can do it again before 2011 ends.

3 comments: