Friday, March 11, 2011

8.9 Magnitude hit Japan

Memories of the past tremor that hit baguio big time are still vivid in my head. It was scary and seeing the aftermath was even more terrifying. Hundreds of people were injured. A lot died. Infrastructures were destroyed and terror and panic were so visible. It was a decade ago........ I don't want to experience it again. And then......

Yesterday, as I was doing something in my office. My head secretary Meanne told me that an earthquake hit
Japan. I said, yes two days ago they felt a 7.3magnitude earthquake. And she said, "No, it happened today about a few minutes ago". That's when I started searching the net for some breaking news. Just then my cp ring, my sister in law Leah was calling me....then I panicked because I remembered my brother Aldrin is in Tokyo. I answered the phone and thank God my kuya confirmed thru a phone patch that they are safe. No one from his entourage were hurt. He was not able to give Leah a detailed account of what happened. They are trying to save whatever is left of his cellphone's battery. I did not feel the tremor nor experience the huge waves. But knowing that my kuya is there summoned my fear. I can feel the panic rising from my veins to my heart and mind. But, I have to fight it and trust God instead. I know He will take care of my bro. I am positive about it!

I was able to watched a live coverage of the aftermath. The sight was dreadful. Seeing cars, ships, houses moved by the strong current of the Tsunami was terrifying. I can't help but be scared for the lives of those people trapped in that kind of disaster. Even here, Tsunami warning were up to level 2 and will hit our East Coastline by 5:00-7:00 pm yesterday. Thank God we are spared.

Let's continue on praying for those people that were badly hit by the catastrophe. God be with us all!




On a lighter side I want to share a funny conversation between me and my mom......as leah asked me to call her and my dad.

Me: Hello, Ma asan ka?
Mama: Nasa house pa din ako ng tita Ellen mo.
Me: Alam mo na ba nangyari sa Japan?
Mama: Hindi, ano?
Me: Nag earthquake 8.9 magnitude, grabe ang lakas.
Mama: Oh! e malayo naman ang Japan sa Pilipinas!
Me: Hello! andon kaya ang isa mong anak, ur unico hijo!
Mama: hay! oo nga ninerbyos naman ako bigla syo....pano daw? ano daw? (she's crying na while asking details)....
Me: Ma don't worry kuya is okay. 

Last update from Leah about my bro. cp signal are still hard, system were down. I wasn't able to ask about electricity. Their flight today is at 4:30pm but they will try to rebook it for an earlier schedule.

May God embrace them with His protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment